Wednesday 2 May 2012

Transitions...


I lay to rest as I try fight off this sharp stinging headache - 'foreheadache', rather - heavily annoying from early evening on a laborious labor day; I generously apply some 'pain relieving' balm, close my eyes, let 'the burn' dissipate along with the other frustrations that gradually found their way in to my already pounding head and as if I lost my physical being, I shift in to a very vague memory of my past - a memory that lead me to the ABC song, the shoehouse story from my kindergarten times and my mother's singing of 'twinkle, twinkle, little star'…The stress suddenly, irrelevantly, seemed to fade away like nothing had ever happened…. maybe its the balm…maybe its the distraction…to me, it's just mother's love from a long time ago that still soothes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment