Tuesday 21 August 2012

Vedhaanth


Vedhaanth is my nephew; his naming had set my father's creative side to explode with a witty remark on it - "Vedhaanth, where is your 'daanth'?" (tooth, in hindi)… Now that he's a year old, his first few teeth have set him on his experiments with biting, esp. others. He's the smartest tot I've ever come across, and the most lovable on too! I noticed that his biting had gone way beyond the level of tolerance (read pain). One such observation on him rather amused me - every time he put his finger in his mouth, he would make sure that his tiny little fingers get a good massage between his gums while any other finger in his mouth would result in severe damage. The fact that he was able to understand pain on self but found my finger, my sister's shoulder, my mother's legs as 'bite-able' amazed me. Now, we all say, "Vedhaanth, you have way too many daanth!". "Once bitten, ever smitten" - smitten in love, smitten in bite. Teething troubles, oh yeah!

1 comment: