Wednesday 7 September 2011

Blame it on the mummies


I was at an exhibit in Milwaukee on 'Mummies of the world' which had on display to the public, mummies from all over the world and of all ages - fetuses to 50 year olds; it was a magnificent event to be at; and being so close to such fragile history was nothing short of an honour! I must, however, add that it had a dash of spookiness to it - just imagine being surrounded in a dark room, by mummies with not such pleasing body language - need I mention the odor?

As I walked through every aisle, reading information on how 'disease' got them 'deceased', made each one of us feel fortunate to be blessed with antibiotics and other modern medicines.

During and after such exhibits, there's usually a HUGE impact of watching History Channel and movies related to mummies that leaves you wondering, nail biting, fingers crossed, pondering, troubled, especially when you've heard about 'the curse of the mummy' - true story from archeologists... As if I needed that on a Saturday evening!

Moving over from the eerie ambience to dinner is always refreshing... After all, mystery makes one hungry - for fresh air, water and reality - I mean food. Right. (Gulp)....
But let me tell you, this concept called life is really a tricky one... It does everything to freak you out but it always 'seems' normal and makes it look like 'coincidence'...
As I was wiping off the hot aaloo palak with my extremely soft and flaky garlic naan from my plate, the lights in the restaurant decide to flicker and scare the hell out of me!!!
Really? And you say it's normal for that to happen in US? I think not!
I'm definitely blaming this one on the mummies! Not a word more...
(shivers....)

No comments:

Post a Comment