Saturday 22 February 2020

Vital Statistics

My vitals were stable, but I could see, feel and hear my life fall through. My vision was blurry, the nurse said it was a side effect of a drug he had administered a few moments ago, but I knew the real reason behind those swollen eyes - tears.

Tears - the uncountable noun.

How do you statistically show how much you hurt?

"I cried one glass of tears for you, maybe a bowl"?

If I had collected all my tears in a large jar, maybe I'd have at least a year's supply of organic salt for my kitchen, every year.

What percentage of people living amongst us, amidst us,  have experienced or are experiencing depression, anxiety and other mental illnesses? How many of us are suicidal?

If I gave you the numbers, would I be accounted for presenting a statistical speech? Are we aware that these numbers are growing and at a frighteningly fast pace? It's a race between humanity and time, the final ribbon is either life (a do-over, a second chance) or death.

Who understands?
How much do they understand?
Do they even understand?
Insensitive, ignorants, iridescent (not two-faced, but multi-faceted)

 • Grief

No comments:

Post a Comment